- Art & Craft
* Offers good June 18 ONLY!
5-6 p.m.: 2-for-1 beer special
ALL NIGHT LONG: Get a free beer ticket
When you buy an Ankeny Unplugged festival T-shirt.
Maybe more! (show up to find out)
Check out the BIKEIOWA and bicycle generator areas for more details at the show!
No, not the leg lamp from “A Christmas Story”
Though…that would be awesome.
Thanks to the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation and Urban Ambassadors, we were able to nab borrow a brand spankin’ new bicycle powered generator that will be used to supply ALL the electrical power for Ankeny Unplugged #3. We’ve known about this for a while now and kinda thought of the idea, and then convinced some suckers wonderful people to make it — and it’s happening!
Here’s the really cool part: you will be able to help power our event with your legs. It’s gonna be so awesome…like your birthday…or maybe even my birthday!
Wait! There’s more: BIKEIOWA night
It’s also ladies night BIKEIOWA night this Saturday at the Palace Hotel Ballroom June 18th Ankeny Unplugged. What does that mean? Bicycle related activities, contests, games, FREEBIES (as in beer), and more, so stay tuned! Read about it on the BIKEIOWA.com site here
Also, the BIKEIOWA Fat Tire ride for this weekend has moved it’s destination to Ankeny Unplugged. Kick off at El Bait Shop in Des Moines and end up here! Check out the details here
Our concert series just got a little bit more awesome for week 2, Saturday June 11th.
- There will be an ATM on site.
- The ice cream truck is fixed, and will be there for all your sweet tooth needs.
- TURKEY LEGS!
- A new flavor of local brew to drink when you bring your own mug.
- We have a new food vendor this week — Outback Steakhouse!
- The first 150 of you wonderful folks through the gate get a free appetizer card from Outback Steakhouse. It’s like getting $8. For what, though? For being AWESOME, that’s what.
- We added another act for this week’s show.
- MORE craft vendors this week, including BASEMINT Design, who designed our super-awesome custom festival print (that you can buy for a measly $10).
- Go back a couple. Yep. We now have 11 bands on the 2011 lineup!
Along with everything else new this week, our full lineup for the 2011 Ankeny Unplugged Concert Series is up to a grand total of 11 acts. Not bad, eh? For some weird reason that even we don’t understand, we thought 3 award-winning artists wasn’t enough. We’re nuts.
Go read more about the new addition to the lineup — Des Moines local Dustin Smith — on the June 11 event page. We added an 11th act for the June 11th show for Ankeny Unplugged 2011. Go ahead, math geeks, make this look like magic.
CLICK HERE NOW to learn about and listen to this week’s artists!